Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wednesday July 11, 2007

A slightly unusual meal this evening. Sometimes, particularly in summer, we make a collection of not necessarily related platters of finger foods. Usually we have some sort of bread and cheese, some vegetable dishes, meat if she's lucky, and some fruit.

I made something in between a caprese and a salsa: tomatoes, onions, parsley, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and some lemon juice. We put it on top of some toasted slices of french baguette.









My wife sliced up a nectarine and some gouda cheese:


We also had some corn. It was tasty, but didn't photograph well. The flash seems to reflect too much off of the kernels.

The corn, tomatoes, and nectarine were all from a roadside farm on the Eastern Shore. We picked them up Sunday afternoon on our way home. I'd give them a nice plug, but I don't remember their name. The corn was especially tasty, as Maryland Eastern Shore sweet corn tends to be. I doubt other states have corn this good.

Also, for future reference, July 11 is "Free Slurpee Day" at 7-Eleven. You can get a 7.11 ounce slurpee, for free. For unknown reasons, 7-Eleven employees HATE "Free Slurpee Day". Also, I don't drive past enough 7-Elevens on my commute.

No comments: